The Austin Air Bedroom Machine is designed to give you the ultimate protection against allergens, viruses, bacteria, chemicals and VOC’s. The results of two separate clinical trials show this unit to be highly effective at removing dangerous airborne pollutants from the home. Keep the air in your bedroom free from pollution and get the good night’s sleep you deserve. All Austin Air air purifiers are eligible for Healthcare Flexible Spending Account reimbursement with your plan administrator's and doctor's approval. Click here to download the Letter of Medical Necessity form.
Who should consider The Austin Bedroom Air Purifier?
- Those looking for protection against contaminants such as viruses and bacteria.
- Those who have difficulty sleeping or have poor quality sleep
- Individuals that suffer from COPD, allergy and asthma attacks at night
- Anyone looking to improve their overall health and wellbeing
- Recommend for: Allergies, Asthma, General Air Quality, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Odor & Chemical, Smoke, Virus & Bacteria, Mold
- Reduce the viral load to minimize risk of infection or severity of disease
- Strengthened immune system
- Peaceful, uninterrupted, high quality sleep
- Reduces snoring
- Lessens night-time allergies and asthma attacks
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
Why is The Austin Bedroom Air Purifier the best choice for me?
- Medical Grade HEPA effectively removes 95% of airborne viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger.
- Our most comprehensive air purifier with a 5thstage of HEGA filtration, for the removal of viruses, bacteria, chemicals and gases
- Carbon blend that filters gases, odors and VOCs
- Developed to improve sleep
- Keeps your bedroom fresh and clean
The Austin Air Bedroom Machine was used in clinical trials at the University of John Hopkins to reduce Nitrogen Dioxide levels in the homes of local residents. Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) is a gas often present in homes where there are gas stoves. High levels of NO2 are particularly dangerous for people with COPD. The gas can dramatically increase symptoms of coughing, wheezing and chest tightness.
The results were dramatic. NO2 dropped in the kitchen by 27% and continued to stay low for the length of the study. Within a week NO2 levels in the bedroom dropped by 23%.
In a second study at Johns Hopkins, the Bedroom Machine was placed in the homes of women, living with a smoker, who were either pregnant or with very young babies. Again the results were impressive. It was clinically proven that running an Austin Air Bedroom Machine will effectively remove indoor pollutants from the home, including nicotine.
- Effective for an area up to 900 sq. ft. assuming average residential ceiling heights of 8 ft. with ACH = 2 (Air Exchange Per Hour) and CFM on high setting on high setting
- Suggested size: 750 with ACH = 4 and CFM on high setting
- Dimension: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- Color: Black, Sandstone
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Permanent split capacitor motor, rated for continuous high RPM, long life duty
- Fan: 3 speed control
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 400 / 250 on high setting
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 200 / 125 on medium setting
- Before/After CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 75 / 46.88 on low setting
- Manufactured In: USA
Filters & Filtering Technology
- Filter Dimension: 13.5" in. diameter, 14.5 in. height
- Filter weight: 8 lbs
- # of Filter to change: 1
- All replacement filters have up to a 5 year life expectancy.
- Permafilt prefilter
- 15 lbs. activated carbon and zeolite
- 60 sq. ft. True Medical HEPA grade filter, with metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- STAGE 5 - a HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Absorption) filter constructed of military-grade activated carbon cloth acts as double protection against odors, gases, chemicals and VOCs
- The Bedroom Machine® by Austin Air Filter is the most comprehensive filter which features a 5th stage of filtration designed to give you and your family better quality sleep. This filter is comprised of a true medical grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filter surrounded by a blend of carbon and zeolite mixture as well our HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Arrestance) military carbon cloth. The HEGA cloth provides an extremely large surface area for the adsorption of chemicals and gasses. The carbon and zeolite blend removes chemicals gasses and odors. The HEPA filters 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
Power & Noise Level
- Voltage Options - 120 V
- 135-watt, 1.3 amp power consumption on high setting
- 83-watt, 0.71 amp power consumption on medium setting
- 56-watt, 0.51 amp power consumption on low setting
- Sounds Level
- 66 db at high speed
- 55 db at medium speed
- lower than 50 db at low speed
- Coasters: Yes
- CSA approved
5-year mechanical warranty
- Your specialty air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty.
Ellie was most pleasant and most helpful. She was a joy to do business with. The next Air Purifier purchase I make, I’ll be calling her. Our Austin Air - Bedroom Model goes beyond expectations. It’s the best Purifier I could find after months of research. There’s no comparison to the others, in my opinion.
I purchased for my wife who suffers from serious allergies. Her symptoms are much less then when she used other purifiers.
This is our second unit from Austin Air. The first one we purchased has been working flawlessly for two years. We bought a second unit for the other floor of our house. These machines do an excellent job.
So far, so good! These things are in demand these days so shipping takes a while, but mine arrived 4 days back and is busy working 24/7 in our bedroom. It's cleared out the last hints of the recent West Coast smoke and I look forward to seeing how my allergies fare in the spring with this new Austin clearing the way! We picked Austin on the advice of some relatives, who underscored its workhorse nature and the ease of use.