The Austin Air HealthMate was designed to address your everyday air quality concerns. It removes a wide range of airborne particles, including viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger, bacteria, chemicals, gases and odors. The Austin Air HealthMate will significantly improve the quality of air in your home. All Austin Air air purifiers are eligible for Healthcare Flexible Spending Account reimbursement with your plan administrator's and doctor's approval. Click here to download the Letter of Medical Necessity form.
Who should consider the HealthMate?
- Those looking for protection against contaminants such as viruses and bacteria
- Individuals with indoor air quality concerns
- Those with slight sensitivities to airborne particles, chemicals and gases
- Families looking for protection from every day indoor air pollutants
- Recommended For: Allergies, Asthma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Odor & Chemical, Smoke, Mold
- Reduces the viral load to minimize risk of infection or severity of disease
- Lessens night time allergies and asthma attacks
- Strengthened immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Reduced snoring
Why is the HealthMate the best choice for me?
- Medical Grade HEPA effectively removes 95% of airborne viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger.
- Efficiently removes a wide range of airborne pollutants and allergens, including dust, pollen, chemicals and gases
- Filters bacteria
The Austin Air HealthMate® was selected for use in a clinical trial at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre. The team monitored a group of children with asthma who were regularly exposed to second-hand smoke. The aim of the study was to determine how the use of our air purifiers could help to reduce the number of times the children went to hospital. The results were clear, running one of our units in the children’s bedrooms while they slept, reduced their hospital visits by nearly 20%.
- Effective for an area up to 900 sq. ft. assuming average residential ceiling heights of 8 ft. with ACH = 2 (Air Exchange Per Hour) and CFM on high setting on high setting
- Suggested size: 750 with ACH = 4 and CFM on high setting
- Dimension: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Color: Black, Sandstone
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Permanent split capacitor motor, rated for continuous high RPM, long life duty
- Fan: 3 speed control
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 400 / 250 on high setting
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 200 / 125 on medium setting
- Before/After CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 75 / 46.88 on low setting
- Manufactured In: USA
Filters & Filtering Technology
- Filter Dimension: 13.5" in. diameter, 14.5 in. height
- Filter weight: 21 lbs
- # of Filter to change: 1
- All replacement filters have up to a 5 year life expectancy.
- Permafilt prefilter
- 13 to 15 lbs activated carbon and zeolite (ten to one ratio)
- 60 sq. ft. True Medical HEPA grade filter, with metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- The Austin Air HealthMate® Filter is our originally designed filter that contains a blend of activated carbon and zeolite capable of absorbing chemicals, odors and gases as well as true medical grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance). The HEPA in this filter traps 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
Power & Noise Level
- Voltage Options - 120 V
- 135-watt, 1.3 amp power consumption on high setting
- 83-watt, 0.71 amp power consumption on medium setting
- 56-watt, 0.51 amp power consumption on low setting
- Sounds Level
- 66 db at high speed
- 55 db at medium speed
- lower than 50 db at low speed
- Coasters: Yes
- CSA approved
5-year mechanical warranty
- Your specialty air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty.
Excellent! Works great. Great customer service and prompt shipping too. These are the guys to buy from. Also for carbon filter replacements ( every 4 years ) buy from them too. They are very knowledgeable about room air filtration needs.
We purchased our machine in 2003 and have ordered replacement filters every 5 years (or so!). Always quality products and great customer service. Once we received a dented frame on a filter and with only an email with pictures of the damaged filter, they immediately sent us a new filter...no issues or questions, just sent a new one! Very impressed with the quality of our machine. Originally purchased for my husband's allergies and asthma. He has had no issues at all when sleeping as we have always kept it in the bedroom. Obviously I recommend Austin Air!
My Austin Air filter is an absolute lifesaver! I walk in to breathe the cleanest air I've breathed in a very long time. This machine does the trick! Everyone should have one in their home. We now have a total of three Austin Air Filters and couldn't be happier!
I've used my Austin Air purifier for about a week now and I'm extremely pleased with the results. The air smells fresh and clean which is allowing me some healing from mold illness. Worth every penny!
The Healthmate is everything we wanted and well worth the cost. Set up was a snap and the noise level is very quiet when it's on the low settling. We're considering buying a second machine for our den.