Best Air Purifiers For Nail Salons
Why an Air Purifier for Nail Salons?
Having cleaner indoor air ensures the safety and comfort of your employees and valued customers. Improving your indoor air quality can reduce occupational exposures to harmful pollutants, reduce absenteeism, increase job satisfaction and support a positive, clean and safe image for your business. Air purifiers remove pollutants directly from the workspace, allowing both clients and staff to breathe cleaner air while preventing the pollutants from circulating through-out your building.
It is important to emphasize that with the air purifiers in our review below, you not only get devices that are ideal for addressing chemicals used in Salons, but you also get what you typically expect from air purifiers in general, namely, removal of harmful bacteria and viruses. Hence, you get everything you need in one machine to tackle "Salon Air" and more.
Now for our review of the best Air Purifiers For Nail Salons
The Airocide APS-1000XL processes harmful Nail Salon chemicals through a patented Bio-Conversion Photocatalytic Reactor. Airocide products boast core technology developed by NASA and approval by FDA and are backed by multiple studies. One study (see Test Report ) concluded:
- At 2.1 +/- .1 ppm saturation of Glutaraldehyde in a 13ft3 test chamber the Airocide APS-1000XL was able to reduce the Glutaraldehyde to 0.0 ppm in 4 minutes and 39 seconds
- Glutaraldehyde was off gassing at a constant rate of 0.1 ppm every 2 minutes and 56 seconds. This rate took 63 minutes and 25 seconds to get to 2ppm.
- Airocide GCS-25 was able to reduce 0.1 ppm of Glutaraldehyde 738% faster than the test chamber dosed with 3ml could reproduce
- There was very little deviation 0.03 in time for Airocide APS-1000XL to reduce the Glutaraldehyde by .10ppm from 2.0ppm to 0.00ppm from first test to second test
What are the big advantages for a Nail Salon?
- 3500 sq. ft. of coverage
- Can be mounted on a wall to save precious floor space
- Stylish design that matches any decor
- Very low maintenance
- Energy efficient (consumes approximate energy of a 100 watt light bulb)
The Airpura C600DLX and F600DLX models are the most comprehensive air purifiers capable of removing harmful chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are found in hair and nail salons.
The Airpura C600DLX and F600DLX air purifiers can remove odors and harmful chemicals released from beauty products. The devices utilize several carbon blends to address specific chemicals. They are ideal for spaces that are subjected to chemical releases and poor outdoor and indoor air quality.
While the C600DLX is the best all around unit for VOCs, the F600DLX is specifically targeted for Formaldedhyde.
Airpura air purifiers remove an incredible 99% of airborne formaldehyde per study conducted by KC Laboratories, 2015.
This Airpura models use a 3-step air cleaning system: Pre-Filters, Carbon filters, and HEPA filters.
- The poly pre-filter to traps large particles such as dust, nails and human hair to protect the main filter. It can be vacuum cleaned and changed after a year to ensure the device works well.
- An enhanced Activated Carbon filter to adsorb the airborne chemicals, pollutants, and VOCs. The 26 pounds of enhanced, activated carbon eliminates over 4000 harmful airborne chemicals that are present in nail and hair salons. Typically last up to 2 years depending on use.
- A HEPA Barrier filter that removes up to 95% of any airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns. Typically last 3-5 years in regular use.
The air purifiers' 360° air distribution system makes the devices ideal for commercial areas such as nail salons because they allow for purification for up to 2000 sq. ft.
AllerAir Salon Pro 5 Plus Air Purifier
The AllerAir Salon Pro 5 Plus Model is engineered specifically for source capture of chemicals, odors and particles before they become airborne and circulate, and offers an impressive 5 Year Parts / 10 Year Labor Warranty.
The Salon Pro 5 plus model uses 3-step air cleaning system: Pre-Filters, Carbon filters, and HEPA filters.
- Pre-Filter for Larger Particles
- 18 Pounds of Carbon With a 3" Bed Depth (2.5" is considered superior and 3" advanced)
- Super HEPA Filter which removes 99.99% of all airborne particles 0.1 microns in size
- UV Light Option (offers additional protection against bacteria and viruses)
The Salon Pro 5 Plus Air Purifier is an approved Air Cleaner for Healthy Nail Salon Program.
The AllerAir Salon distinguishes itself from its competitors by offering a 3" flexible capture hose. This is extremely useful for source capture since the unit can be rolled near a salon professional and the hose can be placed in close proximity to the chemicals to allow superior capture before the pollutants become airborne and begin circulation.
The AllerAir Salon Pro 5 Plus is designed to address the following concerns:
- Nail Polish and Nail Polish Remover: contain Acetone and Butyl Acetate, Dibutyl Phthalate, Ethyl Acetate, and Isopropyl Acetate which can cause headaches, dizziness; and irritated eyes, skin, mouth and throat. Also contain Toluene, which additionally can causes damage to liver and kidneys, and harm to unborn children during pregnancy.
- Fingernail glue remover: contains Acetonitrile and this can cause irritated nose, throat and breathing problems, nausea; vomiting, and exhaustion.
- Artificial Nail Liquids: contain Ethyl Methacrylate and this can be the culprit of asthma, irritated eyes, skin, nose and mouth, and difficulty concentrating. Pregnant women should be wary that this may affect their child.
- Nail hardener: contains Formaldehyde, which can cause cancer as well as difficulty breathing, including coughing, asthma-like attacks, wheezing, allergic reactions, irritated eyes, skin, and throat.
- Nail Primer: contains Methacrylic Acid. This has been shown to cause skin burns, is an irritant to eyes, skin, nose, mouth, and throat. High concentrations can cause difficulty breathing.
- Disinfectants: contain Quaternary Ammonium compounds (disinfectants). This may cause asthma and is an irritant to the skin and nose.
The AllerAir Salon Pro 6 Plus Model has everything the Salon Pro 5 Plus offers with these additional distinctions:
- 5 additional pounds of carbon
- 3 additional inches of vertical height which increases the surface area of the carbon (750 additional acres) resulting in better absorption