The Austin Air Allergy Machine was developed specifically for people with asthma and allergies. Its unique design increases air flow, filtering allergens from the air immediately. The HEPA and HEGA filtration used in this unit is also highly effective at removing viruses and bacteria when they are airborne. All Austin Air air purifiers are eligible for Healthcare Flexible Spending Account reimbursement with your plan administrator's and doctor's approval. Click here to download the Letter of Medical Necessity form.
Who should consider the Allergy Machine
- Those exposed to biologics such as viruses and bacteria
- Individuals living in damp environments
- Asthmatic Children
- Recommended For: Allergies, Asthma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Mold
- Reduces the viral load to minimize risk of infection or severity of disease
- Lessens night-time allergies and asthma attacks
- Strengthens the immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Reduced snoring
Why is the Allergy Machine the best choice for me?
- Designed for immediate filtration of allergens
- Medical Grade HEPA effectively removes 95% of airborne viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger
- HEGA carbon cloth also removes viruses, bacteria, chemicals and gases from the air
- High capacity filtration for the removal of allergens from the air
- Designed for relief of sneezing, coughing and stuffy noses caused by every day or seasonal allergies.
- Effective for an area up to 900 sq. ft. assuming average residential ceiling heights of 8 ft. with ACH = 2 (Air Exchange Per Hour) and CFM on high setting
- Suggested size: 750 with ACH = 4 and CFM on high setting
- Dimension: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Color: Black, Sandstone
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Permanent split capacitor motor, rated for continuous high RPM, long life duty
- Fan: 3 speed control
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 400 / 250 on high setting
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 200 / 125 on medium setting
- Before/After CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 75 / 46.88 on low setting
- Manufactured In: USA
Filters & Filtering Technology
- Filter Dimension: 13.5" in. diameter, 14.5 in. height
- Filter weight: 8 lbs
- # of Filter to change: 1
- All replacement filters have up to a 5 year life expectancy.
- Permafilt prefilter
- Activated carbon in woven cloth form
- 60 sq. ft. True Medical HEPA grade filter, with metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- The Austin Air Allergy Machine® Filter integrates HEGA technology, originally developed by the military to protect against a wide variety of chemical, biological and nuclear agents. The HEPA filters 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size and 95% of all particles down to 0.1 microns.
Power & Noise Level
- Voltage Options - 120 V
- 135-watt, 1.3 amp power consumption on high setting
- 83-watt, 0.71 amp power consumption on medium setting
- 56-watt, 0.51 amp power consumption on low setting
- Sounds Level
- 66 db at high speed
- 55 db at medium speed
- lower than 50 db at low speed
- Coasters: Yes
- CSA approved
5-year mechanical warranty
- Your specialty air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty.
I live in a town with two oil refineries, and I work in healthcare. I wanted clean air for my office and clinic space. After researching the models available, I chose Austin Air. Their air purifier does not disappoint. I was shocked how quickly this air purifier clears the air, not only of dust, pollen, and molds, but of the petro chemicals. The difference between the air in my office and the air in the rest of the building is startling and scary. Highly recommend having clean air in your work and living spaces. Two huge thumbs up!!
Another granddaughter's husband is asthmatic and an allergy sufferer and already has some damage to his lungs. He, too, received his Allergy Machine in less than a week. He called me within two hours of receiving it and said he was already feeling a difference. He is 100% satisfied, therefore so am I. Plus, one of the deciding factor was it is made in the USA.
Severe allergies and misery for 5 months brought us to research and find an air purifier that works. Didn't want to spend this kind of money, but tired of feeling so miserable and coughing all the time. This machine has changed our lives. We roll it into every room we sit in and put in the bedroom at night. I wake up being able to breathe and no more coughing. You definitely can tell it works. We had bought two Orek's about 8 years ago, and they were almost as expensive as this one machine. The Austin Air blows them away and wish I had known about Austin Air when looking 8 years ago. I love you can wheel this machine around and not as heavy as the Healthmate. Given we are retired, this works very well for our needs without breaking out backs. Hopefully, we will get five years before replacing the filter. Yes, it is loud on the highest setting, we use the middle setting most of the time and put it on low for the bedroom. It's white noise and not instrusive when sleeping. I will say when running on high speed, you can quickly feel the difference in the room with air quality within minutes. No other machine out there has this kind of power.
I have an African Grey and bought this because of all the dust. The machine is so quiet and really makes a difference. I wish I had one in every room in the house.
For months at a time I would have allergy attacks every time I woke up from sleep, and every time I came home. It has been exhausting and draining. I was at my wit's end and finally caved in. I bought an allergy machine and within ten minutes of being in the room with it I could feel the inflammation in my sinus's going down and symptoms of the attack disappear. For the two nights I forgot to bring the Machine into the bedroom I woke up in the middle of the night and morning having allergy symptoms. After a few weeks of use my immune system feels stronger. I feel better rested, and I can breathe... through my nose! I would give this machine a hundred starts if I could.