The Austin Air Healthmate Plus effectively removes bacteria and aerosolized viruses larger than 0.1 micron. It also eliminates a wide range of gases, chemicals, VOC’s and formaldehyde. This broad-spectrum adsorption makes it the best choice for people exposed to smoke from wildfires and offers dentists and their patients protection against bacteria and viruses. All Austin Air air purifiers are eligible for Healthcare Flexible Spending Account reimbursement with your plan administrator's and doctor's approval. Click here to download the Letter of Medical Necessity form.
Who should consider the HealthMate Plus?
- Dentists looking to remove aerosolized viruses larger than 0.1 microns, and other contaminants from the environment
- Beauty Salons looking to remove salon fumes, odor, and chemicals from beauty products such as formaldehyde and methacrylate compounds
- Anyone needing an efficient way of removing wood burning smoke, formaldehyde and other dangerous VOCs
- Individuals suffering from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- Those with pre-existing health concerns
- Individuals in high particle and gas contaminated areas
- Recommended For: Allergies, Asthma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Odor & Chemical, Smoke, Mold, and Pet Dander
- Reduces the viral load to lower the risk of infection or severity of disease
- Eases headaches and reduces nausea related to chemical exposure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Minimizes snoring
- Lessen night time allergies and asthma attacks
Why is the HealthMate Plus the best choice for me?
- Medical Grade HEPA effectively removes 95% of airborne viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger
- Designed for highly contaminated indoor air conditions
- Extremely effective at removing particles in the air including formaldehyde, elements of smoke, dust and pollens
- Exceptional capacity for removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Filters bacteria
- Effective for an area up to 900 sq. ft. assuming average residential ceiling heights of 8 ft. with ACH = 2 (Air Exchange Per Hour) and CFM on high setting on high setting
- Suggested size: 750 with ACH = 4 and CFM on high setting
- Dimension: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Color: Black, Sandstone
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Permanent split capacitor motor, rated for continuous high RPM, long life duty
- Fan: 3 speed control
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 400 / 250 on high setting
- Before/After Filter CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 200 / 125 on medium setting
- Before/After CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute): 75 / 46.88 on low setting
- Manufactured In: USA
Filters & Filtering Technology
- Filter Dimension: 13.5" in. diameter, 14.5 in. height
- Filter weight: 21 lbs
- # of Filter to change: 1
- All replacement filters have up to a 5 year life expectancy.
- Permafilt prefilter
- 15 lbs activated carbon impregnated with potassium iodide and zeolite (ten to one to one ratio)
- 60 sq. ft. True Medical HEPA grade filter, with metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- The Austin Air HealthMate Plus® Filter has a true medical grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filter surrounded by a blend of potassium iodide impregnated carbon/zeolite mixture. This additive, along with the activated carbon and zeolite, delivers greater capacity for the filtration of chemicals and gases including Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). The HEPA filters 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size. Consequently, this combination of medias provide improved relief in highly contaminated air spaces for those who are severely chemically sensitive
Power & Noise Level
- Voltage Options - 120 V
- 135-watt, 1.3 amp power consumption on high setting
- 83-watt, 0.71 amp power consumption on medium setting
- 56-watt, 0.51 amp power consumption on low setting
- Sounds Level
- 66 db at high speed
- 55 db at medium speed
- lower than 50 db at low speed
- Coasters: Yes
- CSA approved
5-year mechanical warranty
- Your specialty air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty.
Just an outstanding machine.The air in our home has never felt fresher.Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their indoor air quality.
Austin Air HealthMate Plus Medical Grade HEPA Filter Air Purifier
Not only do I breathe so much better and coughing from constant post nasal drainage has completely stopped, but chronic migraines have been cut back by at least 50%! We are saving up and buying another for Christmas, as right now this one gets rolled from bedroom to living room and back every day, although it's so easy to roll, the only reason to get another is that my husband and I have vastly different sleeping habits. I can't recommend this highly enough!
In the midst of the worst air quality in the world, due to fires on almost all sides of my town, I went to stay with a friend who had one of these running. The air in her apartment was clear and pure, right outside the AQI was in the high 400's, for days. I immediately ordered one for myself and though it was an unexpected expense at a tough time, worth every single cent. Absolutely recommended.
This is my second purchase within a year. I love my Austin Junior for allergies. Living in the mountains brings all types of dust and dirt inside during the summer. I had decided early on to buy another but wasn't sure of what type. As the wildfires raced through the mountains and knowing I would need additional air support as I returned home I decided on the HealthMate Plus. It just arrived today and I've fired it up already.