Boston Red Sox to Partner with Applied UV, an infection control technology company, to Install Airocide(R) Air Quality System in Fenway Park and Jet Blue Park. Airoicide® will also become "The Official Air Purification Provider of the Boston Red Sox."
For over 20 years, Airocide® air purifiers have disinfected the air in mission-critical environments. FDA Cleared as class II medical devices, Airocide® units have unparalleled efficacy, and unlike many ionization based devices, produce no ozone or other harmful byproducts. Each Airocide® product draws in air from the room into a reaction chamber where destruction of any pathogens – viruses, bacterial, molds, fungi – or carbon-based compounds occurs in a process called Photocatalytic Oxidation. Photocatalytic Oxidation is safe and efficient, developed with NASA and used to purify the air on the International Space Station. If your main concerns are bacteria, viruses, VOCs and mold, Airocide is an excellent choice. Check out the following articles and contact us for questions or specials.
- Best Air Purifiers for Mold
- Best Air Purifiers for Bacteria and Viruses
- Best Air Purifiers for Dental Offices
- What is Photocatalytic Oxidation?
9 REASONS TO CHOOSE PM 2.5
NASA Developed Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) Catalyst Destroys Viruses, VOCs, Chemicals, Bacteria, Fungi, Mold and Odor
- Turns organics into carbon dioxide and water vapor
- Destroys virtually any sized organic particulates regardless of how small from viruses and VOC gases to pollen, dust mites and pet dander
- Photocatalytic Oxidation is a natural phenomenon that NASA used to protect fresh cut products aboard the space station. The 40+ year technology (with thousands of research papers) works wonderfully for Mold, VOCs, Chemicals, Bacteria and Viruses.
- No Ozone Produced
- Proven Clinical Trials
- High Quality Product That Lasts
- Stage 1 - Carbon/Permanganate Media when used with PCO expands its capacity to remove VOCs
- Stage 2 - MERV-12 Media removes particulate matter, the same material that hospitals use
- Stage 3 - Traditional NASA developed Airocide catalyst with approximately 90-degree exposure to the 254 nanometer UV light source
- The longer harmful indoor air contaminants dwell inside the air purifier, the more filtration/cleaning is taking place, as the UV-C light needs enough time to destroy the air pollutants completely
- Draws in the polluted air from both top and bottom fans, and then release the fresh air from the inlet inside the air purifier.
- Can be placed both horizontally and vertically, due to the advanced air flow concept
- Sinusitis, Chronic Bronchitis, Allergies, Asthma, Sore Throat and Coughing
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Better Sleep
- Perfect for bedrooms and offices
Great for Wildfire Smoke too
Simple, Safe, Green and Very Low Maintenance
- No Need to Wash/Vacuum Filters/Parts, and no traditional pre-filter/HEPA filter and Carbon filter replacement
- Simple Cartridge Replacement every 12 months
- An indicator light comes on at 11 months of continuous use - no need to track that yourself
- Lightweight, Small and Easy to Place in Any Room
- Won Edison Gold Design Award
TECHNOLOGY - HOW DOES IT WORK
- PCO technology is a chamber with hollow glass tubes, which are coated with a catalyst.
- Using UV light (254-nm light), the catalyst makes a chemical process called Photo Catalytic Oxidation (PCO), as it creates hydroxyl radicals (OH) and steals atoms from the neighboring molecules (airborne pollutants), thus destroying the pollutants in the process.
- Case Studies Passed For All 5 Air Purifier Evaluation Measures with 2020 FDA Recommendation For Virus Removal.
- Suggested Room Size: Up to 500 sq. ft.
- Dimension: 18.7 in. L x 6.9 in. W x 6 in. D
Weight: 9 lbs.
- Fan Speed: 2
- Noise: 40/41 db - Noise Level Guide
- Energy: 60 W
Max. Input - AC: 100 - 240 Vac
- Max. Current: 0.5 A
- Hertz: 50/60 Hz
- Reaction Chamber Change: 12 month (compared to APS-300 model's 15 month)
- APS 200 PM 2.5 replacement kit available
- 2 Year Warranty
I bought my unit because my parents loved theirs so much. I have to say the price was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I gave it a try. So very glad I did! I live in the Houston area and we deal with smells from the ship channel all of the time. So between that and all of the haze, allergens in the air and our pets my family always has some kind of cough, nose, or throat problem. We have had the unit for 2 weeks, and no pet smells, coughs, runny noses…anything! Believe me, I would not have believed it either if I had not heard it and felt it first hand! Try it, it is money well spent!
This unit works very well. I am very sensitive to sound but am able to sleep well. Today I moved the unit a bit farther so it should be better. Pleased with the purchase.
I put the Airocide in my room and I noticed that the air was cleaner feeling, if that's possible. I wasn't waking up sneezing and I was sleeping through the night.
Airocide has proven to be an effective product for me, much beter than any of the products that I've ever used before. I'd absolutely recommend the Airocide device.
I can't imagine finding anything that works better than this. I really really believe the Airocide made my life better.